AQUA-FIT: PHASE 2 – BEAUMONT, ALBERTA
BR2 Architecture were commissioned by the Town of Beaumont in October of 2016 to assist with the development of the concept plan and detailed design of the Aqua-Fit Phase 2 project. The terms of reference are for a facility expansion that will include a practice arena and a fieldhouse.
The following primary concept objectives guided the design process for the development:
• Off street parking with sheltered drop-off area.
• An exterior aesthetic that is complimentary to the existing building and expands upon the French Village Theme.
• Single NHL size ice rink and a multipurpose indoor sports field.
• Full size indoor gymnasium with multi-game play.
• Two-lane indoor running track.
• Centralized reception and control desk.
• Exposure to natural light.
• Blend the new into the existing.
• Concession and seating areas for the public.